Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Preparing for Hawaii



Eleven years in Washington!! Who would have thought that the military would still send us to other posts! We realized that it does not matter how many years my husband has left in the military, years in JBLM, a secure job, a nice house for 7 years and excellent school district for kids. I was very excited to move to Hawaii but at the same time I did not want to leave our home but it wasn't really a choice-- I didn't want to break up our family because of a job and a house.

My husband broke this news to us last July of 2010, while he was in Iraq. At first our decision was he was going to Hawaii by himself since he was going to deploy a month after he supposedly arrived. A couple of months after that, we found out that he wasn't deploying, so we made a decision as a family to stick together no matter what. I had to tell my boss different dates of my last day of work since the Army lost his documents. From January to February then finally Apr. 8. When it was set, we had to make decisions on what to do with our 130-lb-dog and our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment